Sunday, November 7, 2010

Angels

I'm so grateful for the angels in my life that help me get through each day. Reflecting on the past, I realize that without angels, I wouldn't have survived half of the things that I have gone through. Some of the biggest changes of my life have happened in the past 3 years and without the help of the people in my life I would probably be completely lost; both spiritually and physically :)

Specifically:
My amazingly strong friends: Hayley Reese, Courtney Cook, Brandie Olsen, Melissa Call, Daniel (Marie) Knecht, Megan Thompson, and Nicole Duchein.
Each and every member of my family...and I mean each and every one.
The people I work for...the people I work with.
All of the children in my life.
Random people that I will never have the time to name individually

I am so thankful for these people and the strength they bring to me. When I am weak they help build me up with their individual talents and strengths. These people truly are angels in my life.

I am also thankful for the angels in my life that I do not know and that I cannot see. I know that the Lord has provided me with angels to help protect me through difficult and dangerous times. It is such a great blessing to know that I am being watched over both by others here on earth and those that are no longer of this earth.

President Henry B. Eyring said, ". . . Some who are with you will be invisible to your mortal eyes. The Lord will bear you up and will at times do it by calling others to stand with you. . . You will have such a bishop or such an elders quorum president or such a mission president. And he will come to help you and call others to stand with you. It may be to call the right companion to serve with you in your time of need.

That suggests at least two things. One is to recognize and welcome those whom the Lord sends to help us. The other is to see in every assignment the opportunity to strengthen another. . . We can expect in our service to have help sent to us at the right time who will see strength in us and lift us up. And we can look forward to being the one sent by the Lord to encourage another."

I believe all of those words to be true and I am going to continue to try my hardest to strengthen those around me and be an angel in their lives through service, kindness, and love. I know that God loves His children and wants us to be happy and that at times He makes sure of this by sending the right people into our lives at the right time.

To those who have helped me and built me up...thank you.

1 comment:

Courtney Cook said...

I love you Joy Cooper :)