Friday, November 5, 2010

Rantings and Rages...and other stuff

So I wanna make this fast so I can get to bed (I'm way tired) but we'll see what happens. I have some venting I want to do slash some rambling so if you are not way freaking bored right now you probably don't want to read any further :) just sayin...haha.

So...I've been thinking, (I know that doesn't happen very often so everyone brace yourselves!!) what if everyone is right? What is everyone right about you may ask? Let me just pause to explain to you that almost every time I mention to anyone that has not already majored in social work that I do, in fact, plan to be a social worker I mainly get these three expressions: 1. "Oohh it takes a really special person to do something like that" 2. "Really? So you don't want to make money?" and 3. "Oh my gosh you have no idea how hard that is. That kind of stuff is really, really hard. Oh my gosh I could never ever do something like that it's just too hard." And let me tell you right now. It sometimes gets to me! Sometimes I have to ask myself, "Am I 'special' enough to be doing this?"  Okay so I've had these thoughts before, but specifically today while I was driving home from work I started thinking HECK YES! Heck yes I can do this and heck yes I am special enough to work in this field. I see and hear about sad things all the time and it's probably gonna just get worse but I can still be happy at the end of the day. It doesn't affect my personal life and I know that not all people could say something like that about themselves. So why not me? If I can handle it, then why not do it? Someone has to! And sure I realize I'm an emotional person so I might cry sometimes over the things I hear but ya know what? Crying makes me feel good! I like to cry sometimes! So I'm okay with that!

Okay enough with that. Sometimes it just feels good to get out all the anger...and I guess the blog is where it ended up today! So tonight I did a zumba video with a few ladies that I work with. It was weird because first of all, I basically got naked in one of the classrooms the little kids go into. Not while little kids were in there but it still felt weird. And second, I was at work, working out. We set up a big projector screen and then do it in the kitchen. It was weird but SO FUN! Oh, and we make sure to cover up the camera so no one can blackmail us :) It's an hour long video and it goes so fast and gives you a real good workout. We were all sweating for sure! It was great.

Okay it's past my bedtime and I am tired and sore and I have things to do in the morning oddly enough :) Night ya'll!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

You got naked in the little kids room? Hahahahahah that made me laugh way too hard. Haha. And I know I have told you that it takes a special person to go into Social Work so I hope I haven't offended you! The only reason I say that is because you are SO PERFECT for that field, I think you will be so successful. So that's why I say that. I loved this post, keeps me updated on your life! Miss ya!

Kallie said...

Joy! You are going to be an amazing social worker! My husband is actually going into that too! He is applying to grad programs right now. I tell you this because he does the same thing where one day he just knows thats what he wants and then the next, he is totally freaked out by it all. Don't worry, I have faith in both of you!