Saturday, April 2, 2011

This semester

Where has the time gone? Another semester has come and gone (almost...one more week) and I am going to be honest...SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED THIS SEMESTER! This blog is dedicated to revealing all of the mysteries of this semester. Okay they aren't mysteries but I wanted to sound cool. Did it work?

Okay well I don't even know where to start. I would make sense to go in chronological order but a lot of these things have just happened. There isn't really an order for some. But I'll do my best.

First of all, I had the BEST family home evening group ever. Besides my roommates, we had an apartment from the dorms full of girls from other countries. They're so legit! I really liked them a lot. They were so fun and they were just always up for anything. Then, instead of an apartment of boys we had a group of boys that are all from Rexburg so they live with their parents.They became some of our really good friends this semester and we really did have a lot of fun with them. Here are some pictures I stole from Brandie of one of our activities.

We all ate a dinner of spaghetti, breadsticks, jello, and mashed potatoes with random utensils that we pulled out of a bag. It was so fun haha and we were all good sports about it. Well...almost all of us :) haha. But anyway yeah we had a lot of fun. And I'm really thankful for them all.

Another thing that happened is one of my super good friends Megan Thompson Farmer got married! She looked so beautiful and I was so happy for her because her husband is one of the greatest guys ever. They are seriously like perfect for each other. They really are. And it was just a great day! Here are some pictures from the wedding that again I stole from Brandie (my camera doesn't really work...so I just steal from Brandie).

 
That was a great day. I am so grateful for Megan and for her example to me. She worked so hard to be able to get married in the temple and I am so proud of her for that! She is such a wonderful person.

Also, on February 16 my wonderful Grandma Lotus Rose Cooper passed away. That was a really hard time but it was also a very good thing. She was getting old and she really wasn't happy on this earth anymore. My amazing sister Aimee wrote a blog about my grandma that was like the "famous blog" at the funeral because it was so well said. If you would like to read this blog, go here. It will not be a waste of your time I promise. It's very touching and gives you a great idea of what my grandma was like. I love her so much and I am really going to miss her.

Man...school was quite the treat this semster. I took 17 credits and I worked about 18 hours a week. It wasn't as bad as it sounds...for the first half of the semester. But I will tell you what it got tough. For the past few weeks I have basically spent every waking moment at the Ricks building doing homework and studying. I started the social work program and I really have enjoyed it so much! I love it and I know that it's what I am supposed to be doing. But the homework...yuck. Never have enjoyed that. Obviously...


I wasn't even posing either. Brandie just told me to look at her so I did and that was my face. Haha...I swear I don't wear that dress/cardigan every day. It just happens to be what I'm wearing when I take pictures.

Also, the children's center that I worked for got shut down. Last November, we had to shut down the program that is called Partial Care that was a state funded program for children that had behavioral issues. At that point I was just working as kind of an assistant to the licensed social worker. Then once that got shut down, they couldn't afford to keep the social worker, so they just let me take over. It changed from Partial Care to just an after school program. It was a really good program still...way different...but still really good. But it just wasn't working out like we had planned and little by little we got less and less kids coming. So they shut it down completely. Very sad for me because I love those kids...but they moved me to the office staff doing something I don't know haha I haven't started yet but I get my own office so that's cool. We'll see how that goes.

In about 8 days I am taking a trip with my roommates down to Texas where Brandie is from. We are going to go to six flags, stay in a condo on the beach of South Padre Island, and just hang out with her family. I AM SO EXCITED!!! Except it is going to take us like 28 hours to drive there. GAG. but hopefully it will still be fun. Hopefully none of us kill each other. So anyway...that's all I can think of right now and I am about to go running with Brandie so I'll just post some other pictures of this semester.






1 comment:

Aimee said...

Seriously, maybe we can pitch in and buy you a new cardigan. Maybe two.

You are awesome baby sister.

Aimee