Sunday, February 13, 2011

I STILL EXIST!

Wow, I don't even remember the last time I blogged. I really did plan to keep this whole bloggin' thing up while I was at school...I promise I did. I just forgot how much FREAKING work school is. I am taking 17 credits and working about 17-18 hours a week. Plus I have a social life once in a while. So I literally have not had a blinking moment to write anything. To be honest I haven't even read any of your blogs...I'm sorry! I really am. But a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

So hmmm let's see. How can I sum up my life at this point? Well...

I LOVE THE SOCIAL WORK PROGRAM!!!!!!

Like seriously omg it is so great. My teachers seriously are the best. They are the BEST!! And I have made some amazing friends in there. Basically every single one of my classes consist of the exact same people that just move from room to room. Actually no that is a lie. We have all of our classes in one room except for one. It's weird but cool. I've learned some crazy stuff. This one teacher that I have tells us the cRaZiEsT stories ever! Haha I love the stories but somedays I'm like...I could never handle that. And it freaks me out. But then he assures us that you really get used to it and after a while it's not that bad. We'll see. Anyway I have definitely been learning so much stuff. I already feel ten times more prepared for the social work field.

Besides that I have been getting out there and doing some awesome enriching stuff. For example two of my friends from the program and I got together and put up a "Free Compliment" booth where we gave out free compliments to people as they passed. We had some candy and some bracelets that said "Pay it Forward" on them and we told them that if we gave them a bracelet they had to PROMISE to keep it going and give people compliments. It was so much fun. We made so many friends and just met some really amazing people. It was so great!

Also, I don't know how many of you know about Idaho's medcaid cuts, but the govenor, Butch Otter, is trying to cut a TON of money going to mental health services. First of all, this affects my current job and any future job that I hope to get. Second of all, that is not a good idea because some of the mentally ill are unstable and depend on those services. Third, that is so unfair to the people that really need that help. It's just not a good idea! So I have been helping out with that: sending out a petition, passing out flyers for the community rally that is going on next weekend, and going to the rally to help out and hold up signs and stuff. This rally is going to be a big deal. I really hope we make a difference in this whole thing because this upsets so many people. And I hope we make it known that we are NOT happy.

Anyway yeah, that is what's new with me. I'm loving life right now. It's so dang awesome. My friends are so legit!! And my new FHE brothers are the bomb. And I'm going to Texas for a week in April to stay with Brandie and go to an island close to where Brandie lives and staying in a condo there that is right on the beach. I'm so FUH-REAKING excited! Except we're probs gonna drive and it takes about...26 hours to get there. That will not be fun. haha. But hopefully the trip is fun.

I went to a dance party tonight and it was probably one of the best I've ever been to. There were so many good dancers and it was just so much fun to be there and to be back in an atmosphere where I belong ♥ hahaha. I would say jk but I'm not. Haha I got DOWN my friends. I got down.

Okay I'm SO TIRED. I need to go to bed. Obviously I haven't gotten much better about pictures. But I need a new camera. Mine sucks.

I LOVE YOU ALL!
Be patient with me mmk?


P.S. just dyed my hair red. No joke.

P.S.S. only the bottom though :) It's really cute I won't lie.

2 comments:

Kallie said...

LIfe sounds amazing for you! You should def post a picture of your new hair!

Julie Standley said...

Im so glad you do!

miss you. keep posting!
oh and come follow me:
http://travisandjuliestandley.blogspot.com/